Thursday, May 3, 2012

Accepted Students Weekend at Texas Tech


            After seeing mom and Roni off to the airport on Monday morning, I went back to bed for a few hours, and then got up to go to work. The day proved to be pretty laid back, with the exception of a Capitol tour at 1 pm. This one was for a group family with some really great kids and they were a lot of fun. Cash is back in the office, so we’re back up to all three interns and this made the work go by pretty quickly. Tuesday was even easier than Monday and was basically just business as usual.

            On Wednesday, I only worked a half day and left the office at noon. I caught a cab at 12:15 to head to the airport and caught a flight back to DFW. When I got there, dad picked me up at the airport and I spent the evening hanging out with him and my sister. We even went to dinner with my grandparents and I got to see them for a little while.

            Thursday, I drove to Denton and saw some friends on campus. I was able to attend the Class of 2012 Barbecue Lunch at the Gateway Center and caught up with some friends that I hadn’t seen since December. It was great to be back on campus again. I forgot how much I missed that place! After the lunch, I drove down to DFW and boarded another flight, this time headed to Lubbock. My friend Michael, who is an undergrad at Texas Tech, picked me up at the airport and took me back to his apartment where I was staying. We grabbed dinner and I got to visit a little with him and his sister (also a student at Tech), who are good friends of mine from childhood.

            I was in Lubbock for Accepted Students Weekend at Texas Tech School of Law, which began on Friday afternoon. I arrived at the law school and checked in, ready to experience the weekend. Overall, everything at Tech really impressed me and made me feel very confident in my law school choice. Together with the rest of the future Class of 2015, I attended multiple seminars and sessions on everything from financial management to interviews with current students and faculty. We even participated in a little negotiation competition and attended a mock torts class. I learned some things and got to see a lot of Lubbock, which improved my perceptions of the place and made me excited to live there. I even found a place to live while I was out there. Everyone there, including the professors, staff, students, and even members of the Lubbock community, were just awesome! I really can’t say enough about the quality of the people there at Tech and I’m really excited to be joining them this fall.

            Saturday afternoon I caught a flight back to DC, connecting through DFW and basically went straight to bed after getting home. While the weekend was a lot of fun, it was also very busy and I was exhausted. Sunday I slept until 12:30 (proof of my exhaustion) and took it easy all day before heading to church with Mercedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment